Work Permit Summer Process

Work Permits

A Permit to Employ and Work in industries other than entertainment is usually issued by an authorized person at the minor's school. During summer months or when school is not in session the work permit can be obtained from the school district in which the minor resides and/or is actively attending.

The following steps should be followed for obtaining a work permit:

  • Obtain a work permit application at your local high school or at the Central Registration Center (CRC). The application form may also be downloaded from the California State Department of Education website (click here).
  • Fill out the personal information on the application, get your prospective employer to fill out the information required in the middle portion, and have a parent or guardian sign the bottom portion of the application.
  • Return with the completed work permit application to the Centralized Registration Center (CRC), 5700 Arlington Ave., Riverside CA 92504. Monday - Friday (excluding holidays) from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Bring the following documentation along with the completed application
    • I.D. (e.g. Driver’s License or Student ID)
    • Birth Certificate
    • Social Security Card

If you have questions, please contact your local high school or the Central Registration Center at 951-352-1200.