Establishing Proof of Residency

Establishing Proof of Residency

In accordance with California Education Code, proof of residency must be established prior to enrollment in school. To establish residency, parents/guardians need to produce at least two documents from the list below including the name of parent/guardian, and current Riverside address. Documents shall be dated within the previous thirty (30) days of their presentation to school site staff.

Acceptable Documents Used to Establish Residency:

  • Escrow Papers, with closing date not more than 30 days from the current date. (Note: Schools may ask for the final closing docs after the 30-day date to assure residence).
  • Lease/rental agreement with receipt from property owner
  • Mortgage statement
  • Utility service contracts, statements, or payment receipts, (Gas, Electric, Water providers).
  • Employer's verification of address (i.e. pay stub)
  • Proof of Insurance – car or home
  • Electronic payment receipt of monthly payments or security deposit or cancelled checks
  • Statements from medical providers, (Example Kaiser Permanente)
  • Mail from old address with forwarding address label with new address – online confirmation
  • Mail from state or federal government agencies; (i.e., Medi-Cal, food stamps, court ordered child support payments, DMV registration, jury summons, housing authority document, County DPSS, Medical, Cal Works, Child support statements, voter registration, taxes
  • Court documents regarding foster care, guardianship, custody orders.

Documents NOT Acceptable:

  • Cable, Trash, Telephone/Cellphone, bills
  • Credit card statements
  • Junk Mailers, (Advertisements)
  • Driver’s License
  • Restraining Orders
  • Bank Statements

Revised 7-29-2019